9.02.2008

Descendants of Peter and Magdalena

They had only two children:
Anna Marie Polin Miley (Nana or Tanny)
and Joseph or Joe.

The Mexican side are all descendants of Joseph.
I had just been contacted by one of the descendants of Anna Marie, Sarah Loos.
Here is her own text:

Hi Marisa,

I'm so glad you got in touch with me. I am a computer science and math major in my last year at Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana. I grew up in Kansas City, Kansas.
My father has done some research (along with my step mom) on our family history, so I've Cc'ed him on this email.
I am also a descendant of Peter and Magdalena Polin. They had a daughter, Anna Marie Polin Miley or Nana, as my family calls her. Nana had a daughter, Madeline Miley Beck. Madeline then had a daughter, Suzanne Beck Loos, who was my grandmother. She had two sons: Bruce Loos and Gary Loos (my father). So that makes me the great-great-great granddaughter of Peter and Magdalena Polin. Which means we're third cousins, once removed.
I've also included an email below that my dad sent me before I met Barbara Tuffli and Cullen Coates in California. It has a little more information about the people I mentioned before.
I am really looking forward to reading Los Polin and finding out more about you. I also have a blog, though it doesn't have a purpose, just for fun and keeping in contact: www.sarahloos.blogspot.com.
I'll try to sort through some of the family info with my dad and then hopefully we can send you some compiled information!

Best, Sarah Loos
The next text is from her father Gary Loos:
I enjoyed visiting with Barbara and Rick over dinner in 1983. Give them my regards and tell them that I have visited Alma several times since then, including a visit to the cemetery just south of town....very interesting.
Nana (Anna Marie Polin Miley) (portrait outside your room) was Grandma Suzanne's mother's mother. Barbara Coates Tuffli is also a descendant of Nana's mother, Magdalena Polin. You are a descendant of Magdalena and Peter Polin. Barbara is a descendant of Magdalena and Peter's brother, Martin Polin. Nana grew up in Alma, Wisconsin.
Nana married Lucius Miley and moved to Spokane, Washington where he managed the department store. Nana was the lead sewing person for the store. Nana and Lucius had two daughters. One was Madeline, who was Grandma Suzanne's mother, my grandmother whom I knew well. When Madeline was a teenager, 190_), Lucius impregnated someone in Spokane. He then moved to Australia in disgrace! (Times were different. This was an ostracizing offense.)
...
Love, Dad (Gary Loos)

1 comentario:

Marisa Polin dijo...

Dear Sarah,

Thanks very much for your introduction text. I am also glad to know about the other descendants of Peter (and Magdalena).

The only thing I want to change is that I am cousin to your dad, not to you.
The same way that Cullen is my father's cousin.

I would love to see the photo your father talks about, and to receive more of the other stories. You can now place them direct in the blog.

Feel comfortable in English, and if you want some translation, let me know.

All my regards,
Marisaa